- Cova Security Gates was formed in 1987 in Horley, Surrey, developing a range of perimeter security gates, road blockers, bollards and barriers for long term continual use, often in hostile environments.
- In 2002 the range of CSG 10601/2/3 Tracked Speed Gates was introduced.
- In 2003 Cova Security was the first manufacturer in the world to bring Trackless Bi-folding Speed Gates to the market – the CSG 10604 and CSG 10605. In this same year, a vehicle borne explosive attack on the British Consulate General in Istanbul was stopped by a non PAS 68 crash tested road blocker, preventing detonation at its target, the main Consulate building.
- 2005 saw the CSG 10503 Full Depth Road Blocker gain a formal crash test rating. The CSG 10506 Crash Tested Shallow Mount Road Blocker was not far behind in the same year.
- 2009 – CSG 10840 and CSG 10850 Crash Tested Shallow Depth Bollards join the portfolio of PAS 68 crash tested products.
- 2010 was a milestone year in which the world’s first Crash Tested Bi-Folding Speed Gates were developed, the CSG 10640 (40mph) and the CSG 10650 (50mph).
- In 2011, the standard sliding cantilevered gate was redeveloped using Cova’s patented arrestor technology, to deliver the PAS 68 rated CSG 10140 Crash Tested Sliding Cantilevered Gate, a sliding alternative to the crash tested bi-folding gate.
- A totally new PAS 68 compliant barrier, the economical CSG 10900 Series Crash Tested Miti-Gate®, was developed and tested in 2012, again using Cova’s patented arrestor technology.
- 2013 saw Cova Security’s first crash tested hydraulically operated bollard successfully PAS 68 tested, the CSG 11840 Crash Tested Full Depth Rising Bollard.
Cova Security has a strong ethos of constant research and development, with the aim of being one step ahead and giving our clients an ever-improving range of high quality perimeter security products, ready to meet their changing needs.
We support projects with extremely high quality detailed site specific 3D CAD drawings, which cover all elements of the install. We work closely with consultants, specifiers, building contractors and end users alike, from initial specification through to commissioning, providing long term stability and effective protection.
Cova Security Gates Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02108888.
Registered Address: Unit C1, Sussex Manor Business Park, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9NH, UK.
VAT No: 443150875